Low-Carb/Keto Pizza Cups
Are you trying low-carb? Are you dabbling in a keto lifestyle? Are you a pizza punk? These may be for you if you answered yes to at least one of those questions. If I could, I would probably have pizza every single day, or at least weekly. This recipe makes me feel a little bit better about wanting to eat pizza all the time. The best part is it is pretty functional to switch in and out ingredients. Pepperoni is my favorite pizza, so it’s a great base for me. However, you could try salami and go with provolone filling with sliced green olives. That may be a nice combination and something different to enjoy. In case you are counting carbs, these are 2 net carbs per bite.
- 12 bites
- Prep time: 8 Minutes|Cook time: 10 Minutes|Total time: 18 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Press 2 pepperoni pieces in a slightly overlapping way in a 12 cup muffin tin. If you would like these to look more uniform, you can use kitchen shears to cut 4 small half inch snips around each pepperoni so that they lay better. I just smushed mine down into the pan for a more rustic look. No need to spray the pan with any sort of cooking oil, the pepperoni has plenty of grease.
- Bake for about 5-7 minutes until the pepperoni is looking cooked through and a bit crispy. You don't want it to brown on the edges yet.
- Remove from the oven and add about 1 -1 1.5 tsp of marinara into each cavity. Add 3 fresh mozzarella balls into each cup. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves. Pop back into the oven for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- You can make these into mini bites using a 24 cavity muffin pan and just one pepperoni slice per cavity.
- Try different flavors (salami with provolone)!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go