Tasty Roasted Butternut Squash
Sometimes the simplest things are the best. I always like to vary meals, and I hardly ever make the same veg too so I always have to come up with different ideas to make them interesting. I just love how flexible butternut squash is, and I the flavours you can layer on it are endless.
I have a personal preference for Italian herbs and flavours, so this combination works so well in creating a super tasty side dish that can go alongside pretty much anything, from a roast to a fish dish.
Let me know what you think if you try this!
- 3 servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Take half of the bottom part of the butternut squash (the fat bit) and with a spoon scoop out the seeds
- Peel the outside with a strong potato peeler. Slice the butternut squash really thinly (approx. 1 cm/less than half an inch) and place on a baking dish. Don’t overlap the slices, so if needed use more than one baking dish to distribute them.
- Drizzle the olive oil on top, add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste and scatter the rosemary leaves.
- Roast in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for around 30 minutes until a fork goes through them very easily. Sprinkle on top the Parmesan during the last 5 minutes of roasting.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go