I love to add mint leaves for aromatic flavors
Restaurant-style egg biryani using basic everyday ingredients like rice, eggs, yogurt, spices, and masala. Step by Step method for a perfect Egg Biryani.
This recipe has been used by my mother, grandmother and we love sharing with you. I hope you will love it ! The perfect Sunday Lunch at home home and with the left overs it is more yummy next day . Serves best with Raita !
Saffron used for Perfect Color
Egg Biryani is so good with Fried Onions.
Add layers of Rice for perfect mixure of masalas
The biryani is ready to serve now.
- 4 People
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours
For Cooking the Rice
Other Biryani Ingredients:
- Cooking the Rice: Heat 5 cups water In a large pot. Once the water starts to boil, add rice, salt, bay leaf, and cloves. Stir everything and let this simmer on low-medium heat for 15 minutes. Check rice, it should have cooked 90% hence turn off the heat. Strain the rice of water and keep aside.
- Add mint leaves if you like
Cooking the Eggs:
- Place 6 eggs In a large bowl and sprinkle red chili powder, turmeric, and salt. Coat the eggs with the above spices and keep aside. Add the eggs and saute for 2 minutes on low flames. Once the eggs start to blister and brown on each side, turn off the heat. Remove the eggs and keep aside.
Making the Egg Biryani Recipe:
- In the same Big Pan, heat 3 tbsp oil + 2 tbsp ghee. Add all the crushed whole spices and saute for a minute. Add ginger + garlic paste, all powdered spices and saute on medium heat till they turn golden in color (about 2 minutes). Now add fried onions and saute. Add yogurt, water, and cover cook for another 2 minutes. Now add fried eggs and let everything simmer for 2 minutes. Then turn off the heat. Remove eggs separately in a bowl and remove the cooked masala in a separate bowl.
- In the same Pam, place 2 ladles of cooked rice, sprinkle 2tbsp of cooked masala, add 2 tbsp of fried onions, chopped cilantro+mint, 1 or 2 fried eggs and sprinkle color if using.Layer 2 ladles of rice and follow the process above. Repeat the process till you reach the top of the dish. Now add remaining fried eggs, fried onion, masala and cilantro+mint, 2 tbsp ghee (all remaining ingredients). OPTIONAL: add rose water and saffron soaked in milk. Cover the pressure cooker and let cook for 2 minutes on medium flames. Turn off the heat and wait for 5 minutes. Fluff the biryani using a big fork (scoop and mix the rice and egg layers).
- The biryani is ready to serve now.
- Mint Leaves and Fresh Corianders Sprinkle on top
- Served best with Raita