Vegetarian Eggs Benedict
These poached eggs are so delicious and one-of-a-kind. There are so many yummy flavors that blend together beautifully to create an amazing homemade breakfast treat. Corona or no corona, going out for breakfast will be a thing of the past once you try this recipe, it's so easy to make and looks so good, you’ll never have to leave home for a quality breakfast. These poached eggs are also healthy, which will give you the best start to your day that you can hope for. Feel free to swap out ingredients that you don’t like for ones you prefer, but these are my personal favorites and I think they work very well together!
- 2 Servings
- Prep time: 8 Minutes|Cook time: 12 Minutes|Total time: 20 Minutes
- First, prepare your poached eggs. Fill 2/3 of a medium saucepan up with water and bring water to a light boil. Once lightly, boiling, reduce heat to to just simmering and add in the vinegar. Crack eggs into individual ramekins and add eggs to the saucepan one-at-a-time, sliding them into the water.
- Once all the eggs are in the water, remove the saucepan from heat and cover the saucepan with a lid. Let the eggs sit for 4 minutes and then remove the eggs onto a plate with paper towel to dry off.
- Next make the hollandaise sauce. Place egg yolks, salt and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in the microwave and cool it for a minute. Add butter to the mixing bowl and blend the mixture until it is thick and creamy (this should only take around 30 seconds).
- Toast the pita bread and plate for serving.
- Divide spinach leaves between the 4 pitas and lay them on top.
- Next, place a poached egg on top of the spinach on each pita, and lay a piece of smoked salmon on top of that.
- Pour on hollandaise sauce (to taste). It is likely you'll have some left over.
- Finally, drizzle on some creamy balsamic dressing to give your dish an extra touch of flavor.
- Store extra hollandaise sauce refrigerated in an air-tight container. You can use the spare sauce on eggs during the week, or even on roasted asparagus or broccoli.