How to Make Gluten Free Cookies With Bananas
These are pretty yummy cookies that are pretty good for you too! No oil, no flour, no eggs... and the best part is, even if you are not gluten free, you will enjoy them!
When we were all working together in the office before the pandemic hit, my partner in our department would throw these cookies together and we would have them about once a week. Of course, others would smell them baking and come running... (our office was closest to the kitchen so we had dibs!)
Tip: If you make these other than at home, you can mash the bananas in a zip lock bag, add the oats, and chocolate chips. Cut off the corner of the bag and use it as a pastry bag. My coworker did that and I was like, ahhh... what a great idea! This kept the clean up to a minimum at work too!
Let us know what you think. Any recipes you would like to share?
You can find more gluten free recipes on my blog at www.vintagestylegal.com where you can also follow along for decorating ideas, pup stories, recipe sharing, and anything else that tickles our fancy!
I have started Gluten Free Monday's where I post a new Gluten Free recipe every Monday. My recipes are for everyone though since my husband eats the same things. If he approves them, then I am led to believe most anyone will like them too!
- 12 cookies
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 25 Minutes
Gluten free cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl, add in oats and salt, stir together and add in dark chocolate chips. You can omit the salt, when we made them in the office, we did not put any salt in them, but while making them at home one day, I tried it and thought it brought out the flavors.
- Spoon dough (like drop cookies) onto cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. If you like yours crispy around the edges, you can bake them for 23 minutes.
- Tip: mash the bananas with a whisk if you do not use the zip lock bag method.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go