Simple Chocolate Truffles With Toppings
How often do you crave chocolate? How often do you crave a decadent chocolate dessert that you wish could just appear in front of you with ease? Okay, maybe that's just me. But, this recipe for chocolate truffles comes pretty darn close to that. All you need is a high-quality chocolate and heavy cream to make these. That's it! 2 ingredients! Most of the toppings I rolled mine in you can probably find in your pantry right now--cocoa, white chocolate chips, hazelnuts. But you can use anything, coconut, pistachios, crushed espresso beans--whatever! The pink ones are from beet powder. And I promise they don't taste anything like beet! You can find beet powder in some grocery stores and most health food stores. I hope you enjoy the chocolate treat!
- 24 truffles
- Prep time: 2 Hours|Cook time: 0 Minutes|Total time: 2 Hours
- Dice the chocolate and put in heat-proof safe bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream in a saucepan until simmering.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and butter and let set for 5 minutes--don't touch or stir yet!
- Stir until completely melted and place plastic wrap over the top directly on the chocolate. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Scoop into 2 tsp size balls and roll. It will be very sticky! I would use Pam spray on your hands to minimize that a bit. Roll in desired toppings.
- You can store at room temp for 3-4 days, or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks (if they last that long)!
- If giving as a gift, place on parchment paper in single layer.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go