Begin by removing the tough stems from the Kale and washing and drying it well. I like to use my salad spinner to get the kale as dry as possible.
No Fail Kale Chips - Perfectly Crispy Every Time
Have you ever tried making kale chips but failed miserably? I know I have, but with a bit of trial and error I have perfected the way that I like to make this delicious snack. I use just three simple ingredients and the kale chips have turned out perfect every time.
This is such a healthy and versatile snack. It definitely satisfies the craving for salty crunchy snacks but instead of being filled with junk, Kale is a superfood packed with so many beneficial nutrients. You can flavor the chips any way you like, but my family enjoys them the best when they are simply salted. Kale chips are best eaten within a few days of making them, if they even last that long!
Did I mention that kids love these too? So if you have a picky eater that refuses to eat anything green why not give these a go?
Drizzle the kale with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Using your hands massage the kale for a few minutes. Not only does this ensure everything is coated evenly, but it also softens the Kale and makes it easier to digest.
Lay the kale out on a parchment paper lined pan and bake at 325 for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes continue to bake at 2 minute intervals until the kale is crunchy and crispy. You can remove any pieces that look finished to prevent them for burning. The Kale shrinks significantly when you bake it.
And there you have a perfectly healthy guilt free snack!
These taste great on their own but are so versatile. You could try sprinkling them with Parmesan cheese, ranch seasoning, or even add some spice for a little kick.
- 1 Batch
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Remove the tough stems of the kale and discard. Rip the leaves into bite size pieces and wash and dry the Kale well.
- In a large bowl mix together the Kale, olive oil and salt. Use your hands to massage the Kale for a few minutes.
- Lay the Kale out on a parchment lined baking sheet. Try to have only a single layer of kale.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 325
- After 10 minutes continue to bake at 2 minute intervals. Keep a close eye on the kale at this point as you don’t want it to burn.
- Once the kale is nice and crispy remove from oven and let cool completely before serving.