These fluffy pancakes not only taste great and look beautiful, they are lower calories and healthy too!
Healthy Oat Pancakes
This delicious stack of pancakes might look like your typical fluffy American style pancakes and they certainly taste just as good too.... But there's just one added bonus, they have way less calories!
Porridge oats are blitzed to a fine powder to replace flour and fat free yoghurt provides the wet ingredients instead of milk, making these pancakes a much healthier alternative.
The recipe itself is very versatile and you can play around with what flavoured low calorie syrups you use as well as whether you add fruit or not. Why not try with strawberries or banana?
Still perfectly fluffy, these pancakes certainly still stack up in my opinion!
Cinnamon and blueberries make a great combo, but you can try a variety of different fillings and toppings to suit your preferences.
- 1 Serving
- Prep time: 12 Minutes|Cook time: 5 Minutes|Total time: 17 Minutes
- Place the porridge oats in a blender or spice grinder and grind until they are a smooth powder-like consistency.
- Place the oats in a bowl and add all of the other ingredients, except the blueberries and mix together really well.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the mixture.
- Heat a frying pan until hot and spray with oil.
- Drop a tbsp of the mixture into the pan at a time, you may want to do this in batches.
- Let the mixture bubble for about 2 minutes before flipping and repeating on the other side.
- Serve stacked up high with an extra drizzle of syrup and topped with some blueberries.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go