Creamy Spinach With Crispy Potatoes
I like trying new things, coming up with newer and newer recipes. This is one of the few exceptions. It may sound surprising, but one of my favorite dishes from childhood is spinach. And now, I finally understand why my mom used to make it so many times, not only because it’s simply delicious, but it’s very easy to make and it’s incredibly quick. However, I felt I had to spice it up a bit to make it exciting. And all you need for that are some good, crispy baked potatoes. Try it out, prepare it for your little ones, and let me know in the comments whether they liked it or not (hopefully the will).
- 4 servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 50 Minutes|Total time: 55 Minutes
For the spinach
For the potatoes
- In a huge pot start to defrost the spinach, add a tiny little bit of water. Start to cook the whole potatoes in salted water.
- In a pan heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil. Add grated garlic and the flour. Mix until homogeneous and add a little bit of the water from the spinach to get a creamy texture. Be careful, the flour mixture can easily burn, so keep an eye on it.
- When the spinach is defrosted, add the floury mixture into the pot. Stir in the heavy cream and mix until nicely incorporated. Turn off the heat.
- Preheat oven to 200C. When the potatoes are soft, drain off the water. Using the bottom of a glass smash them. Drizzle olive oil all over, season with salt and pepper, garlic, etc. Bake for about 30 minutes or until nicely golden and crispy.
- Serve warm and fresh with boiled eggs on top.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go