Blood Orange Buttermilk Pound Cake With Blood Orange Glaze
YUM! Blood oranges are my absolutely favorite wintertime treat. I have dedicated so many recipes and creations to these humble fruit. Did you know there are multiple varieties of blood oranges? The grocery stores will mostly carry one variety, but there are specialty shipments you can receive from citrus farmers as well should you desire. But, the variety at the store work just perfectly for this pound cake. They are not only included in the cake, but also juiced into the brightly colored icing you see on top of the pound cake. They made it that color with no other additives, which is just amazing to me. Such a beautiful color!
- 1 loaf
- Prep time: 25 Minutes|Cook time: 1 Hours|Total time: 1 Hours 25 Minutes
For the pound cake and sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan. I used 8.5" x 4.5"
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Beat together butter, sugar, blood orange juice, and zest until light and fluffy. It should be 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla and egg
- Add buttermilk and the dry mix into the wet butter mixture and stir carefully until incorporated. Don't overtax
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes-1 hour until a knife comes out clean.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and blood orange juice to make the sauce. Don't drizzle over top until the cake has cooled entirely.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go