Apple Cinnamon Tartlets
Many of us, including myself, are on a health kick this time of year trying to stay healthy. But that doesn’t have to mean no dessert and you know me, I am incapable of staying away from sweets. So how about a lighter take on dessert? My “Apple Cinnamon Tartlets” are so good you’d never guess they were healthier. These treats are individualized, covered in delicious apples, and will be sure to kick that sweet tooth. You can skip healthy and take this dessert to the next level with a scoop of ice cream and a caramel drizzle! How good does that sound?
- 12 Tartlets
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 40 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Cube cold butter and use a pastry cutter (or two forks) to cut butter into the flour mixture. Dough will look crumby and form pea sized balls.
- Mix in vanilla extract and water. Transfer dough to lightly floured surface and use hands to knead dough until it comes together (do not overwork dough). Add more flour if needed to reach consistency.
- Roll dough out evenly to 1/8 inch thickness. Use a 3 1/2 inch circular cutter for your tartlets. Reroll excess dough and repeat until all dough has been rolled and cut into circles.
- Place tartlets on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Remove chilled dough from refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together turbinado sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Prep apples for assembly. Wash, dry, core, and cut apples into very thin slices. Brush flesh of apples with lemon juice to avoid browning. Arrange and design apple slices on each tartlet as desired. Sprinkle each tartlet with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until light golden. Let cool slightly and devour!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go