Wow, what an intro, I know! We all realise how unhealthy and very low in fruit regular jams are - in supermarkets you can find dozens of those that might have less than 10% of the actual fruit and a breath-taking amount of refined sugar. If you love jam (or PB and jelly), why don't you make your own, packed with fruit and unnecessary/unhealthy ingredients free!? I promise you, it is not difficult and I'd like to prove it to you now!
Low-Sugar Cranberry Jam
This time, I'm coming at you with this magic recipe for a low-sugar, fruit-loaded, no-gelatine yet super yummy and healthy JAM!
For this recipe, you'll need just a few ingredients that will not give you the best jam you've ever had but also provide you with micronutrients that are so crucial for overall health. This cranberry jam is packed with Vitamin C that supports your immune system, omega 3s that are essential for many bodily functions, and antioxidants.
Recipe's down below!
- 500 ml jar
- Prep time: 3 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 23 Minutes
- Combine all the ingredients together, apart from chia seeds, in a saucepan and bring to a low boil.
- Cover the saucepan and cook until cranberries burst and the jam thickens - roughly 20 minutes!
- Stir in chia seeds, and transfer the jam into a jar to let it cool down.
- You can substitute honey for maple syrup for a vegan alternative.
- Pure vanilla extract is optional, however, recommended as it adds the extra awesomeness to the jam.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go