Delicious Thai Green Curry! And it is easy to change the protein and vegetables to suit your tastes/ what you have on hand!
Thai Green Curry Dish
Easy, delicious green curry that you can make at home? Yes, please! This Thai Green Curry is a delicious meal that is very easy to adapt to your family's tastes and preferences! First we start out with a mildly spicy and herby curry that features as much spiciness as you would like. The spice is soothed by creamy coconut and boosted with the fresh flavors of coriander, lemon and lime.
I served this green curry with rabbit and vegetables, but you could easily and deliciously serve it with chicken, fish, seafood, pork, beef or even tofu! I also like to serve this with jasmine rice, or any rice you have on hand.
First you start by making the herb mixture, then cook the green curry sauce.
Saute onions and whole garlic cloves on your stove top until they get some nice color.
Add diced celeriac (or potatoes) and pour curry sauce over. Add protein of choice and bake in oven.
I used hare, since that is what I had to use up. But chicken, turkey, beef, pork, seared tofu, ect... would all be delicious!
I served this Thai Green Curry with a selection of roasted and steamed vegetables, roast hare, and jasmine rice.
- 8 Servings
- Prep time: 25 Minutes|Cook time: 60 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 25 Minutes
For the Herb Mixture
Green Curry Sauce
For serving: (substitute different ingredients as desired)
For the Thai Green Curry Sauce
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine all the herb mixture ingredients until finely chopped.
- Heat oil in heavy bottomed over medium-low heat. Add the herb mixture to the hot oil, and fry, stirring constantly, for about 10 minutes. Add coconut milk, lime zest, and stock. Bring the sauce up to a gentle simmer, and simmer for about 15 minutes over medium low heat. Add soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar. Taste and adjust as desired.
For the meal
- Saute sliced onions and garlic cloves in butter in oven proof dish until nicely brown. Add par-cooked celeriac, thai green curry sauce, and meat.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the celeriac is soft and your meat is cooked.
- Meanwhile, prepare your serving ingredients: roast and/or steam veggies, and cook rice.
- Remove Thai Green Curry from oven and serve with veggies, rice, fresh chopped herbs, and a drizzle of chili oil if desired.
- This dish has a lot of components but is so worth making! Feel free substitute other vegetables and protein as desired.