My go to plant based protein powder! I get mine from Thrive Market - feel free to use my link to get 25% off your first order!
Super Seed Breakfast Porridge
This year is all about filling, delicious and nutrient packed breakfasts, which means it has to have a healthy amount of protein, fat and fiber in it! This breakfast is just exactly that!
The main ingredients you will nee are a protein powder of your choice ( I like using Nutiva plant based powder which also has some veggies in it), hemp seeds, chia seeds, ground flax seeds, and for an extra bonus, pumpkin seeds to use as your topping!
I like to have my porridge warm and topped with blueberries, peanut butter, pumpkin seeds and cacao nibs for that extra crunch. This is definitely a versatile dish and I think coconut chips would be great with the blueberries or even warmed apples sauted in cinnamon and coconut oil! I'd love to hear what topping combinations you come up with!
If you enjoy this recipe and would like to see more of what I'm cooking up, check out my blog www.sweetescapekitchen.com
- 1 serving
- Prep time: 3 Minutes|Cook time: 8 Minutes|Total time: 11 Minutes
- In a small sauce pan whisk together your almond milk, protein powder, vanilla and cinnamon. Whisk until the protein powder has dissolved.
- Add in your chia, flax, and hemp seeds.
- Whisk together for 5-6 minutes over low-medium heat. The mixture will begin to bubble and thicken up. Continue whisking.
- After 6 minutes, turn off the heat and let it cool for a couple of minutes. The porridge will thicken up a bit more.
- Pour into your bowl and add your toppings! Enjoy!
- This can also be made
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go