Jerk Aubergine With Coconut and Pineapple Sticky Rice!
Fancy something exciting to brighten up your week? Then this is the perfect dish for you!
Sweet and tangy jerk infused aubergines, served on a bed of sticky coconut and pineapple rice, mixed with some fresh sautéed veg!
This dish is super tasty but also super flavoursome! Made with brown rice, the cooking time is slightly longer, but a great healthier option for your stomachs.
I love the sticky coconut rice that goes so well with jerk flavourings however I wanted to jazz it up a little. By adding In the sweet tinned pineapple it gave a whole other dimension to the dish wish combined perfectly.
Aubergine is such a verstilw vegetable which can be used is so many dishes as a meat replacement. The aubergine worked so perfectly with the sticky marinade as it absorbed up the flavours so well!
- 4 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 1 Hours|Total time: 1 Hours 15 Minutes
For the aubergine and jerk marinade
For the rice
For the aubergine
- Heat the oven to 400degrees
- Meanwhile prepare your jerk marinade. Cut your aubergine into thin length ways steaks, and marinade your aubergine for 30 mins
- Then cook your aubergine for 20 minutes
For the rice
- Soften your onions and garlic in a small frying pan. Meanwhile add your rice, coconut milk into a large saucepan, and too with water to cover an inch over the rice.
- Cook rice for approx 45 mins, make sure you keep stiring and checking on the water level. After about 30 minutes you want the rice to be soaking up the water and expanding. By the end of the timer the rice should be sticky and cooked with no excess water l.
- Next add your other veg to your frying pan and cook slowly on a very low heat
- When your rice is ready, add in your tinned pineapple and your cooked veg. Mix all together thoroughly.
- Serve a large spoonful of your rice onto a plate and then add your aubergine on top. Be sure to scrape some of that sticky jerk goodness on top.
- Marinade your aubergine as long as possible. This can be up to a few hours
- Ensure to watch your rice regularly to allow enough water to cook the rice but not too much so that it expands and cooks out