Fluffy Pesto Pizza
This here is one of the best fluffy pizza dough recipes I’ve ever tried. It's absolutely delicious. I admit, it does take a little bit of time, since it’s difficult to make a fluffy pizza without proofing time. But good news is, you don’t need to actively do anything other than simply mixing the dough ingredients together, kneading for a moment, and waiting 2 hours. So really the only disadvantage is having to plan in advance. But it’s so, SO worth it.
For a change, I've decided to top it with green pesto, mozzarella, mushrooms, tomatoes, and caramelised onions. I highly recommend you try this combo on a pizza, it's just heavenly.
You can also try it with any other toppings – recently I made an all-vegan fluffy pizza with white sauce and it was SO good! I’ll definitely post a recipe for that soon!
If you like my content, you can check here for more!
- 1 pizza
- Prep time: 135 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 2 Hours 35 Minutes
For the dough
For the toppings
For the dough
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in water - wait about 5 minutes until it bubbles up
- Mix in the rest of ingredients and knead for a few minutes until the dough jumps back up when pressed in
- Let it rest for 1-2 hours or until doubled in size
- Preheat oven to 220c (430f)
- Spread some olive oil and cornmeal on a pizza tray (optional) - the cornmeal will make the bottom extra crispy
- Roll out the dough and pinch the edges with your fingers to prevent the fillings from spilling out - transfer to pizza tray
- Cover with a cloth for 15 minutes
- Place the toppings on top
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go