Mexican Style Lasagne
Whenever I make this dish it reminds me of my childhood, this is because I learned this recipe from my mom who used to make this for my brother and I frequently when we were kids. We always LOVED it, and I am so happy now that I get to make the recipe hopefully one day for my own kids. Food always tastes so much better when there is a backstory that comes with it. I love how food can remind us of our sweetest most cherished memories.
Another thing that I always look for in a recipe is simplicity. This lasagne doesn't take very long to make and is very easy to assemble!
- 5 servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- Heat the oven to 365F
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add a tbsp of oil. Add the ground beef and allow the beef to cook for about 10 minutes or until you see that it has fully browned.
- Once the beef is fully cooked keep it in the skillet but turn the heat down. Add the packet of taco seasoning to the beef and stir.
- Add the corn and black beans to the beef and mix. This is the beef, bean, and corn mixture that you will use as a layer in the lasagne.
- In a casserole dish you can begin the layering process. First, take a tbsp of salsa and spread it on the bottom of the dish to prevent sticking.
- Next, add a layer of tortillas. I cut mine in half so that they cover the surface better.
- Next, add a layer of salsa.
- Next, add a layer of the beef, corn, and bean mixture.
- Next, add a layer of cheese.
- Repeat these steps until your casserole dish is full. The last three layers should be tortilla, salsa, and cheese on top!
- Stick into the oven and bake for 30 min or so.
- Have fun with it, add more veggies or types of cheese. You can also add more spice.
- If you want to keep it in the oven so it stays warm if you're not eating right away then cover it with tin foil so the top doesn't burn.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go