Gluten Free Tahini Cranberry Brazilian Nut Cookies
I love the flavor of tahini, it has such a wonderful nutty flavor. If you’ve never tasted it, you should give it a try. It’s made of toasted, ground sesame seeds and its best known as an ingredient in hummus. Being that I’m married to a middle eastern, we use it a lot. I make dressings, use it to coat grilled chicken and even use it for baking. Aside from tahini culinary uses, it has many health benefits, so why not use it more often. I think it’s healthier than peanut butter too.
Some of the health benefits include having anti inflammatory properties, antibacterial properties, antioxidant properties and many more. In this recipe I use it to add a nutty flavor. This recipe contains no added sugar and is gluten free. The flavor is delicious and you can substitute the cranberries and hazelnuts if you prefer something else.
The wonderful thing about these cookies is that they’re not overly sweet, they’re healthier than most cookies but they don’t taste like a healthy cookie. If you want to add protein to it, I’ve added a couple of scoops of Vital Protein Powder before and they still taste great. Out of this recipe you can get anywhere from 8 to 12 cookies depending on the size you choose to make them.
These cookies are quick, easy and taste incredibly delicious. Let’s get baking!
Thank you for stopping by.
If you’d like to see more of what I cook and love to do, please visit me at https://www.instagram.com/mycreativekneads/
Alright, let’s get cooking!
- 12 Cookies
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 12 Minutes|Total time: 27 Minutes
For the cookies
For the cookies
- In a bowl combine the wet ingredients; tahini, maple syrup and vanilla extract and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl combine all the dried ingredients except for the cranberries, cacao nibs and the nuts.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dried ingredients and combine until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the cranberries, cacao nibs, and nuts and mix well to incorporate all ingredients.
- Using a teaspoon or tablespoon (depending on size you want) drop by rounded spoons onto a silpat mat or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350° F oven and bake for up to 12 minutes. Enjoy warm or cooked.