Scallion Pancake or Dumpling Dipping Sauce
Dipping sauce is so easy to pull together. You'll never need to buy store-bought sauce again! I never used to have dipping sauce with my scallion pancakes and now I can't do without it. It is SO ADDICTIVE. This dipping sauce looks spicy but it is only as spicy as you make it! The base is easy to tweak and you can add whatever existing Asian condiments you enjoy to the mixture. It is perfect with pan-fried, deep-fried or even boiled dumplings. It can also be used as a condiment for soup noodles such as ramen or pho. For those who enjoy spicy, feel free to try using sriracha and other hot sauces into the mix.
- 1 Cup
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 0 Minutes|Total time: 5 Minutes
- Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in scallions/cilantro, pepper flakes, and oil/crisp.
- Enjoy immediately. Can be fridged for up to 1 week.
- NON SPICY -- You can omit the spices if you want a completely spice-free sauce!
- ADDITIONS -- Other delicious additions include Sriracha, Lao Gan Ma, Chiu Chow Chili Oil, Sambal Olek, sliced jalapenos, and more!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go