Luscious, creamy and filled with the delicious goodness of mushrooms!
Creamy Mushroom Alfredo
This delicious pasta dish is elegant and delicious, and best of all - quick and easy! This dish features delicious pasta smothered in a silky sauce and is flavored with a spectacular alfredo made with garlic butter sautéed mushrooms. In fact, this would be a perfect dish to make for your honey for a fun at-home date night for Valentines Day.
I decided to use a mixture of mushrooms I had on hand, but feel free to use just one kind, or sub in your favorite mushrooms! Also, freshly grated parmesan cheese is really delicious in this recipe. Finally, if you are unable to find burrata, you could use extra parmesan cheese or fresh mozzarella instead.
Garlic sauted mushrooms, cream and butter!
A lovely mix of mushrooms!
Mmmmm within minutes, dinner is done!
- 4 Servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- Clean mushrooms. To a large skillet, add the mushrooms with 2 tablespoons of the butter. Sauté until the mushrooms are soft with deep brown color – 10-15 minutes. In the last few minutes, add the garlic and sauté. Make sure the garlic doesn't burn. Add the cream and the rest of the butter. Simmer over low heat.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot according to package directions. Drain, reserving a cup of the pasta water. Set the pasta water aside and pasta return to pan. Add mushroom sauce to the hot pasta in the pan. Toss with tongs to mix.
- Add Parmesan and up to 1 cup of reserved pasta water as needed to get the consistency right. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with burrata cheese, fresh minced parsley, and freshly ground pepper.
- You can also use (rehydrated) dried mushrooms. I like to do this as it gives me much more of a variety of mushrooms to add. In this batch of Alfredo, I added a handful of chopped lobster mushrooms.