You can swap out the cashew butter for any type of nut butter. Almond or sunflower butter will work just as well. You can use peanut butter for the kids. I don’t use peanut butter because of the aflatoxins found in peanuts. Aflatoxins are known to cause mold.
Vegan Chocolate Truffles With Cashew Filling
Create the perfect healthy desert for Valentines Day without baking in twenty minutes flat. This Vegan Chocolate Truffle recipe is so easy. They’re chocolatey on the outside and chewy on the inside. The best part is that they are ultra healthy without sacrificing deliciousness.
If you don’t have cocoa butter you can use coconut oil instead. But the chocolate will melt quicker when you take it out of the refrigerator. The chocolate on these truffles doesn’t melt at room temperature. Which makes them great for a snack on the go or a desert the can be left out of the fridge. Perfect for entertaining.
These truffles are chocolatly on the outside and rich and creamy on the inside. The cashew butter and oats give this truffle the perfect chewy and creamy texture. Low on sugar and raw vegan. This desert is as healthy as they come!
- 18 Truffles
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 10 Minutes|Total time: 20 Minutes
Cashew Oat Center
Make the Chocolate Filling
- Over a double boiler melt cocoa butter. Once melted turn off the heat. While Whisking add in the cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Whisk mixture until its velvety smooth. Set in the fridge while you make the balls.
Make The Cashew Center
- In a food processor combine oats, flaxseed, maple syrup, and cashew butter. Grind on the highest setting until one large ball of dough forms.
- Using a Tablespoon measure out 18 segments of dough. Roll each tablespoon of dough into a ball with your palms. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Coat The Truffles
- Remove the chocolate from the fridge. Roll the balls in the chocolate coating and place them back on the baking sheet. Allow to set in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- These Truffles are best stored in the fridge. They will last up to 10 days.
- Truffles will freeze for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go