The ultimate comfort food and a burger to rival your favourite restaurant.
PB&J Beef Quarter Pounders
These PB&J beef quarter pounders with cheese and smoked bacon are the ultimate comfort food option. They are totally droolworthy and taste so good they will rival your favorite burger restaurant for sure!
The beef patties were so juicy thanks to the addition of ritz crackers which hold in the juices!
The combination of salty peanut butter, smoky bacon and spicy yet sweet chilli jam was a match made in heaven!
Perfectly formed beef patties waiting to go on the grill. 12% fat mince ensures the patties are juicy but not too fatty and the crackers stop the juices from running out of the burger while cooking.
Smoky, crispy bacon, on top of sweet and spicy chilli jam. A succulent beef patty topped with gooey cheese and sticky peanut butter.
- 4 Burgers
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
For the patties
For the burgers
- Mix all of the ingredients for the patty together with your hands in a large mixing bowl, until well incorporated.
- Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into balls, then flatten with the palm of your hand into a patty shape, before pressing the back of a tablespoon into the top of the patty.
- Heat a large griddle pan until hot, then add the burgers and cook for 4 minutes on each side before wrapping in foil to keep warm.
- Add the bacon rashers to the griddle and cook for 2 minutes on each side until crispy.
- Slice the Brioche buns in half and toast under a grill until lightly browned.
- Place a slice of Cheddar cheese on top of each patty and cook under the grill for 1 minute until the cheese has melted.
- Spread 1 tbsp of chilli jam onto the bottom half of each Brioche bun.
- Add the patties to the Brioche bin, then spoon 1 tbsp of the peanut butter in top of the cheese, before pressing down the lid of the Brioche bun.
- I used ritz crackers in my recipe, but any type of salted crackers should work to hold the juices in the patty.
- Make this burger your own! You don't have to use Cheddar cheese, choose whatever burger cheese you like. And if you prefer smooth peanut butter to crunchy, go for it!
- These patties can be made in advance and frozen for use at a later date. Just be sure to defrost them fully before cooking.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go