This is an easy and delicious cranberry orange muffin recipe
Cranberry Orange Muffins
These buttery cranberry orange muffins are wonderful served for breakfast with freshly brewed coffee.
If you like easy everyday recipes, you might enjoy my favorite recipes delivered straight to your inbox click HERE. ☕
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (plus one tablespoon)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- one tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- Two tablespoons soften butter
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans)
Use a zester to zest an orange ( I used this zester).🍊
Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes.
If you like a drizzled glaze topping, then omit the orange sugar before baking.
Orange glaze topping
3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar (powdered sugar)
1/4 teaspoon orange zest
3/4 to 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice (start with 3/4 tablespoon, then add more if needed)
Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth.
Drizzle over cooled muffins (room temperature).
You can freeze fresh cranberries for up to 12 months. Freezing them ensures you will have whole cranberries all year.
Note: Cranberries are harvested from mid-September to early November.
- 18 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix the dry ingredients, then use a pastry blender to incorporate the butter.
- Using a zester, zest one tablespoon of an orange.
- Add egg, orange juice, and zest in flour mixture.
- Rinse and dry cranberries. Place 1 ½ cups of the cranberries in a bowl with one tablespoon of flour. Coat the cranberries with flour.
- Fold in chopped nuts and flour coated cranberries
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners or butter the pan.
- Using a muffin scoop, fill the muffin tins.
- Sprinkle orange sugar (see recipe in the notes) over the tops and add cranberries to the top of the m¼uffins. Cut large ones in half.
- Bake until the muffin tops are golden and just firm, 17 - 20 minutes.
Orange Sugar Topping
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1 ½ teaspoon orange zest
- Topping option:
- If you like a drizzled glaze topping, then omit the orange sugar before baking.
- Orange glaze topping
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 3/4 to 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice (start with 3/4 tablespoon, then add more if needed)
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled muffins.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go