This is a recipe inspired by the Vietnamese's popular sandwich called Banh Mi. Instead of making a sandwich, I made a salad out of it.
Banh Mi Pork Salad
One thing I love about this recipe is the crunchiness of the cabbage! Oh I love crunchy vegetables! They also give a tremendous flavor to the salad and you won't believe how easy it is to make!
Main ingredients are thinly sliced pork (though I sliced mine bite-sized), cabbage cut into small wedges, and carrots thinly sliced or shredded (I used a peeler to slice he carrots).
And since it is a Bah Mi inspired salad, you can top it with mayonnaise and hot sauce! Hope you like this super easy dish!
- 4 servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes Cook time: 30 Minutes Total time: 50 min
- 1 large carrot, sliced or shredded
- 1 small head green cabbage, cut into 4 wedges
- 4 boneless center-cut pork chops
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (optional)
- 2 tsp Sriracha or hot sauce (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the cabbage and carrots, stirring frequently and season it with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat up the remaining oil and cook the chops. Season it with salt, pepper and garlic powder until golden brown and the internal temperature is at 145F, about 6 minutes per side. Thinly slice the chops.
- Put the cabbage and carrots together with the chops back in the skillet and stir frequently for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise and sriracha and drizzle on the salad. Serve and enjoy!