Lavender Pancakes with Lavender Honey
Lavender Pancakes With Lavender Honey
These homemade Lavender Pancakes with Lavender Honey are beautiful, floral, and delicious! Fluffy pancakes with lavender and lemon zest topped with honey infused with more lavender. This easy pancake recipe is made entirely from scratch and will make breakfast delicious and way more interesting! If you don't want to make lavender honey, you can top these pancakes with maple syrup or your favorite topping. I use dried lavender buds in a lot of my recipes, but be careful, they pack quite a lot of flavor. You don’t need much of these tiny little flavor bombs to create a wonderful dish.
Jar of Lavender Honey
Fluffy homemade lavender pancake on the griddle
- 6 pancakes
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 25 Minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar. Add the lavender buds and whisk to combine everything.
- Add the egg, milk, melted butter, and lemon zest to the dry ingredients and whisk again to mix everything together until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat the griddle over med-high heat. Use non-stick spray or butter to grease the griddle. Once the griddle is hot, pour the batter in the middle to make a 6-8" pancake. Once you see bubbles popping on the surface and all over the pancake, flip it and cook on the other side. Place each cooked pancake in a warm oven while making the rest.
- Place the honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once you see bubbles, remove from the heat and stir in the lavender buds. Allow the honey to cool and steep for at least 20 minutes, more if you can. Strain if desired or serve as is.
- If you use salted butter, omit the salt.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go