Air Fryer Chimichangas with toppings!
Air Fryer Chimichangas
Make these Air Fryer Chimichangas for a delicious and healthier version of the favorite Mexican dish. Use your favorite filling and condiments and you will have a fast and easy weeknight meal everyone will love! Make these chimichangas with shredded beef, chicken, or pork. Or, make these vegetarian and just use beans, rice and vegetables! This Air Fryer Chimichanga recipe is fast, easy, and delicious. Have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes if you have meat that is already cooked. Top with your favorite toppings like salsa, sour cream, avocado, etc to make these just like a restaurant meal.
Two chimichangas in an air fryer.
Air Fried Chimichangas full of shredded beef that has been cut in half.
- 2 people
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 25 Minutes
Toppings and Condiments
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix the meat, beans, and green peppers together, stirring occasionally.
- Warm-up your tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds so they are warm and pliable. This makes it easier to roll the filling inside. Place half of the filling mixture into the middle of the tortilla, draining as much liquid as you can before you put it on. Wrap the tortilla, nice and tight, just like a burrito.
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick and then place the chimichangas inside. Spray the top of them with non-stick spray and cook them at 350° for 8 minutes. Flip, spray again, and cook for another 4 minutes on the other side. At this point, your chimichangas should be done but if you want them a little more brown, you can cook on the first side for a few more minutes.
- Add your favorite toppings and condiments and enjoy!
- This recipe is assuming you are using meat that has already been cooked. If you need to cook the meat first, this will add a little time to the total.
- You can also brush the top of the chimichangas with butter before cooking if desired.
- Place tin foil at the bottom of your air fryer for easy cleanup!
- Always read the instruction manual that came with your Air Fryer and follow all safety guidelines.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go