Buffalo Meatballs are the perfect appetizer in your line up of game day or Super Bowl party snacks! They can be made ahead and reheated in Buffalo sauce for a crowd-pleasing snack for kick off or at half time.
Touchdown Buffalo Meatballs
Score a touchdown on game day with these Buffalo Meatballs!
They start with a pound ground meatloaf mix (a blend of ground pork, beef and veal). Use a combination of just ground beef and pork if you prefer or if you can’t find meatloaf mix. Add grated carrot, chopped celery including leaves, panko bread crumbs , an egg, a little sour cream and seasoning.
Form into 1-inch balls and bake on parchment lined baking sheet until browned and cooked through, about 12 minutes.
To make buffalo sauce, saute scallions in butter, add chicken broth, hot sauce and ketchup and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, about 8 minutes.
Serve with blue cheese dip, carrots and celery.
As a tasty alternative , served on a roll:
Find more winning game day recipes, HERE. You’ll find recipes for Pigskin Potato Skins, Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad, Slow Cooker Sweet & Sticky Wings, Football Cake Pops and more.
- 6 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix 2 tablespoons sour cream, the panko and egg in a large bowl; let sit 5 minutes.
- Grate 1 carrot and 1 celery stalk into the bowl with the panko mixture. Add the meat, celery leaves, half of the scallions, the parsley, garlic, cayenne and 1/2 teaspoon salt and mix with your hands until combined.
- Dampen your hands and shape the mixture into 36 mini meatballs (about 1 inch each); arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until browned and cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add the remaining scallions and cook until wilted, 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, hot sauce and ketchup; bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low. Simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, about 8 minutes.
- Add the meatballs; simmer until tender, about 8 more minutes.
- Mix the blue cheese and 3/4 cup sour cream in a medium bowl.
- Transfer the meatballs to serving bowl and serve with blue cheese dip, cut carrots and celery.
- Make these meatballs in advance and reheat in the buffalo sauce for kick off or a half time snack!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go