Mediterranean Herb Crusted Cod With Roasted Sweet Potato and Carrots
I absolutely love this recipe. It looks scrumptious and fancy, and actually it couldn’t be more simple than it is. I always do my best to make food look appetising because we eat with our eyes first.
Tasty herb-crusted cod is a healthy and well balanced meal that pulls out the maximum of every ingredient used. Healthy roasted vegetables are combined with perfectly cooked fish coated in Mediterranean herb flavours.
Crispy and flavourful herb crust makes any fish much better, more interesting to eat and in the end, much more delicious. You can use which ever herb you like or have at home and also you can mix different kinds of herbs.
My favourites are always Mediterranean herbs so that is what I chosen to use here. It’s up to you.
You are also going to need breadcrumbs, some grated Parmesan cheese, garlic, butter and olive oil. Imagine those flavours put together. Simply divine.
- 4 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 25 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350°F). Peal sweet potato and carrots, and cut them in similar sized pieces. Put them in a roasting tray and add a couple of garlic cloves and fresh rosemary. Season with salt and pepper and add olive oil.
- Roast it for about 25 minutes in total. Fish is going to go into the oven for the last ten minutes.
- Prepare the crust by combining breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, chopped herbs (thyme, rosemary, parsley), minced garlic, butter, olive oil salt and pepper. Combine everything with your hands.
- Take each cod fillet and season it with salt and pepper. Put them in a separate roasting tray and arrange prepared crust mixture on top of each fillet. Toss a couple of small tomatoes in the tray, as well as a handful of olives. Add a little olive oil.
- Sweet potato should have been roasting for about 15 minutes so far. Now it’s time to put the fish into the oven as well. Put the fish on an upper oven rack.
- Roast everything for additional 10-12 minutes until done.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go