Crispy Skin Pan-Fried Salmon in Creamy Spinach Sauce
This crispy skin pan fried salmon and a creamy spinach sauce are a simple lunch or dinner that can be made in 20 minutes. It is packed full with flavours and textures and yet, so simple to make. It serves 4 four people. Or two very hungry ones!Since I moved to Scandinavia, Salmon is the kind of fish I use more often. I didn’t like it so much before, maybe because I had plenty of Mediterranean fish to choose from and available every day. Anyhow, since I moved, I started eating a lot of salmon and I like it much better now. The fact that I like most about it, is that it is so versatile. I like making it in the pan, in the oven, as a part of a soup or stew or smoked and cured. There are plenty options to choose from and I am constantly trying some new ways and combinations of preparing it.
- 4 portions
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 20 Minutes
- Prepare all the ingredients. Mince the garlic and wash the spinach.
- Heat up the pan and prepare salmon first. Make sure to fry it skin side down first and not to overcook it. Once salmon is done, set is aside. It will take for about 3-4 minutes on each side, depending on the size of the fillet.
- Using the same pan, sauté finely chopped garlic, add spinach and let it wilt. It’s done in 2-3 min all-together. Pour in cream, milk and add cream cheese.
- Bring everything to a boil and season to taste. Put the salmon back in, skin side up, and serve over rice or mashed potato.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go