Turkey Taco Stuffed Peppers
Looking for some new "taco Tuesday" inspiration this week?! Step outside of your taco shell comfort box and give these taco turkey stuffed peppers a try! They are healthy, easy and totally satisfying. They even have a surprise ingredient...pumpkin!
The pumpkin adds a sneaky boost of nutrition and depth of flavor. Pumpkin provides fiber, which promotes gastrointestinal health along with satisfaction, and vitamin A to assist with eye health. The best part is that my family never even knew it was in there!
Utilizing peppers instead of taco shells is a nutrient dense, low carb way to enjoy tacos. Bell peppers provide a ton of immune boosting vitamin C as well as other antioxidants to help you stay well this winter.
I hope you and your family enjoy this healthy twist to taco night in your house!
- 6 servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 33 Minutes|Total time: 43 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pepper halves in casserole dish and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- While peppers are baking, heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, ground turkey, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add Rotel and pumpkin, stirring until fully combined.
- When peppers are done, spoon turkey mix into each pepper and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for additional 8 minutes.
- Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go