Here’s one chicken that is worthy of a being the main event at your next Sunday supper without causing too much fuss for the cook. Making a roasted chicken is actually one of the easiest home cooked meals to prepare. All you need is a little time.
Sweet Basil Roast Chicken
Sweet Basil Roasted Chicken is moist, juicy, and the ultimate Sunday supper. This chicken recipe starts with a basil rub that is made with simple blend of spices found in the pantry including basil, of course, along with paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder.
Although this recipe for Sweet Basil Roasted Chicken is for conventional roasting in the oven, it can easily be adapted for a slow cooker, but to get a crispy golden skin, stick with roasting it in the oven. For the slow cooker, cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8-10 hours until juices run clear.
You can also roast vegetables with this chicken – toss in potatoes, carrots, and onion – for a complete no-fuss home-cooked meal your family will love.
- 6 SERVINGS
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 2 Hours|Total time: 2 Hours 10 Minutes
- Remove all parts from the chicken cavity and rinse the chicken under cool water inside and out. Pat dry with paper towels and tie legs together with cooking string/twine. Place chicken in a roasting pan (you may place on a rack in the pan, but not entirely necessary).
- Mix together spices, lemon juice, and olive oil to make the rub and apply liberally all over chicken; bake uncovered for 2 hours at 350 degrees.
- Allow to cool slightly before carving or removing meat from the bone.
- This recipe was originally clipped from packaging on a fresh hen. Sorry, no idea what poultry company to give credit!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go