Healthy, Homemade Chicken Soup
Well, they were calling for snow today here in NC, but all we got was cold, nasty rain. Only in NC can you go to bed with one forecast and wake up with a completely different one 🤷♀️.Oh well, there’s nothing better than chicken soup on a cold rainy or snowy day! It just warms the soul and makes you feel good inside.
The best part about chicken soup is you can really add anything you want to it. I always throw in whatever vegetables I can find in the refrigerator and cabinet. I hope you can take this simple, basic chicken soup recipe and make it your own by adding your favorite vegetables and seasonings!
- 8 cups
- Prep time: 1 Hours|Cook time: 1 Hours|Total time: 2 Hours
- Boil chicken in a large pot of water for about 45 min to an hour. Let cool and shred.
- In another large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and carrots and cook until softened.
- Add chicken and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Season with Cavender’s, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes
- Add rice, and broccoli (or whatever other vegetable you want to add (I.e tomatoes, zucchini, green beans, corn, etc.), cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Add more seasoning to taste
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go