The finished pesto in the food processor. It has a creamy look and thick consistency.
Creamy Spinach Pesto
Pesto is amazing! I love a traditional basil pesto but I even love this Creamy Spinach Pesto more!
A great way to sneak in veggies and it is super versatile too. Of course you can use it to toss pasta in, but don't stop there. You can bake some chicken breast or thighs and top with a warmed version of the spinach pesto. You can even use it as a spread on top of a white fish like halibut or sole and broil it in your oven of air fryer. Even use it as a spread on a sandwich, to replace mayo. The possibilities are endless
Definitely check out this spin on a classic and find your favorite way to enjoy!
The chopped spinach and basil leaves with the walnuts and garlic right before adding in the extra virgin olive oil.
Jarred and ready to enjoy!
- 12 ounces
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 2 Minutes|Total time: 12 Minutes
- In a food processor, place the garlic cloves in and pulse a few times to roughly chop.
- Add the baby spinach, (you may have to do it in 2 batches depending on the size of your food processor), fresh basil, salt, pepper and walnuts and turn the food processor on.
- Take the center piece of the top out and slowly drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil until the mixture comes together.
- Take the top off and add in the grated Pecorino Romano cheese and heavy cream. Put the top back on and pulse 3 or 4 times to combine the grated cheese and cream into the mixture. The pesto should look like a thick sauce.
- You can use it right away or store in a mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go