Carrot Orange Muffins
Is anybody else’s sweet tooth still recovering from the Holiday treat overload? My body is just craving healthier options rather than indulgent desserts at the moment! As I was saying this to my sister, (she’s turned into my unofficial consultant for my recipes!), she mentioned trying my hand at a more healthy treat. So these Carrot Orange muffins were born! These muffins are packed with grated carrots, made with wheat flour, and have no oil or processed sugar. They’re great for an afternoon snack or quick breakfast. In the words of my four year old to his sister after he bit into one ‘...you HAVE to try one of these muffins!’.
- 18 Muffins
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 25 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, then line a muffin tin with liner, lightly greased.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 2 1/2 cups of flour, 1/2 tsp of baking powder, 1/2 tsp of baking soda, 1 tsp of salt, and 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Then add your wet ingredients to the bowl- the zest from one orange, 1/3 cup of orange juice, 1 cup of applesauce, 1/2 cup of Honey, 1/2 cup of molasses, and 2 eggs.
- Fold in the 2 cups of grated carrots and the optional 1 cup of dried Cranberries or Raisins.
- Fill the muffin liners 3/4 of the way full, then bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go