Fiesta Chowder is definitely a family favorite soup recipe.My husband frequently requests that I make this soup and when he comes home from work and sees it on the stove, he's a very happy man.
Quick and Easy Fiesta Chowder
Looking for a quick and easy soup recipe? Fiesta Chowder is a full of flavor soup that can be made start to finish in just 30 minutes.
The soup contains healthy ingredients including: brown rice, corn, black beans, tomatoes, green chilis, and olives. There's one ingredient that isn't as healthy but it adds great flavor to this soup, cheddar cheese soup.
To make the soup, chicken gets tossed in a mixture of flour and fajita mix. The chicken is browned in hot oil. The chicken give Fiesta Chowder a great flavor! Onion and garlic are then added to the chicken.
Next the corn, tomatoes, green chilis, rice, water, and black olives are added. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
Finally, add a can of cheddar cheese soup and heat through.
Fiesta Chowder is now ready to enjoy!
- 8 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
Instructions to Make Fiesta Chowder:
- Combine flour and 2 T fajita seasoning in a heavy-duty plastic bag; add chicken. Seal and shake to coat.
- Cook chicken in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over high heat, stirring often, 4 minutes, or until browned.
- Reduce heat to medium-high; add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes. Stir in remaining fajita seasoning, corn, and the rest of the ingredients except the cheddar cheese soup.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove lid, and stir in cheddar cheese soup.
- There is no need to drain the corn or olives.
- Cilantro is a great addition to this soup. Add a 3 T of fresh Cilantro with the cheddar cheese soup.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go