spicy honey mustard chicken sandwich
Spicy Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwich
With the quarantine currently happening, I have been limiting my visits to the grocery store. Normally I go 3-4 times a week but now I go once every two weeks at most. What a change. When it comes close to the end of the two weeks, I have to get creative with whatever vegetables I have left. That is exactly what happened when I created this spicy honey mustard chicken sandwich. Loaded with an apple kale slaw and Cajun roasted sweet potatoes, this sandwich is incredibly satisfying. I gotta say, for a raid the fridge recipe, this one is a sure winner!
sweet potato fries
apple kale slaw
drizzle spicy honey mustard on the chicken
- 4 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
Sweet potato fries
Apple kale slaw
Spicy honey mustard chicken
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into french fries. Toss with 1 tsp Cajun spices and 2 tbsp olive oil. Spread the sweet potatoes in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping the fries halfway through.
- Make the dressing for the apple kale slaw. Whisk together 1 tbsp lemon juice with 3 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp dijon mustard, and 1/2 tsp sugar. Thinly slice and peel 1/2 an apple and toss together with 2 cups shredded kale and the prepared dressing.
- Filet the chicken breasts into 4 equal portions. Combine 1/4 cup all-purpose flour with 1 tsp paprika and 1 tsp garlic powder. Coat the chicken in the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken until golden brown on both sides and the juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, whisk together 1 tbsp honey with 1 tbsp dijon mustard, 1 1/2 tsp chipotle tabasco, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and 1 tbsp olive oil. Drizzle the spicy honey mustard on the chicken.
- Assemble the sandwiches. Toast the sandwich buns and place the chicken on the bottom bun followed by the apple kale slaw and Cajun potato wedges. Serve immediately.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go