Enjoy these roasted broccoli stalks with parmesan cheese as a side dish at dinner or an afternoon appetizer.
Roasted Broccoli Stalks With Parmesan
Here's a delicious way to use up that leftover tough thick Broccoli stalk. I used to cut the florets off for cooking and then throw away the stalk, but what a waste that was.
A waste of money since we buy broccoli by the pound, but also what a waste of food!
Sliced thinly and then roasted with oil, cheese, salt and pepper, these Broccoli stems are super tasty and they're healthy as well.
Two tips: Slice them very thin and also, use a potato peeler to peel away the tough outer layer of the stalk. It's woody; the tender part is under that.
Sliced broccoli is tossed with a mix of cheese, oil, salt and pepper to coat the slices.
- 4 servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 25 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 425° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove all florets from the head of broccoli. Peel the stalks to remove tough outside layer.
- Slice the stem into 1/8 in pieces.
- Add sliced broccoli stems, extra virgin olive oil, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl.
- Use tongs to mix ingredients together, so that the cheese, oil, salt and pepper are evenly distributed.
- Arrange the mixture evenly on the parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until the broccoli is tender and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go