Double Chocolate Nana Muffins (Vegan + Gluten Free!)
I loveee chocolate, bananas and any sort of baked good. So I extra love when those are all wrapped up into one beautiful little bite! I mean, who doesn’t like a chocolate banana muff!?
I have a tried and true chocolate banana muffin recipe that is already gluten and dairy free, but I wanted to see if I could if I could also make it vegan! Just trying to be inclusive :) For an egg replacer, I used Bob Red Mill's egg replacer for the first time and it was a total win! The end result is a perfectly balanced fudgy muffin. I made this a small batch recipe, because there’s only two of us in the house, and I’m usually the only one who eats all the baked goods!
As usual, I also used Lakanto's golden monkfruit sugar as a zero-calorie, low glycemic sugar substitute. If you don't have any, feel free to replace it with regular brown sugar.
Serving size is 1 muffin, recipe makes 6.
Please note, the nutritional information will change if you use alternate ingredients.
From da top!
Guilt-free & chocolatey!
- 6 Muffins
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350F, and grease the muffin tin.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 tbsp of the egg replacer, with 1 tbsp of water and stir it together really well - set it aside and let it thicken for one minute.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, adding the egg replacer mixture last. Mix it all together thoroughly.
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 mins!
- Let them chill for a second and then DEVOUR! I promise, they won't last long!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go