Out with the store bought and in with the best ever homemade duck sauce recipe. Easy to make and stores in the fridge for up to two months!
Best Ever Homemade Duck Sauce Recipe
Exactly what ingredients are in store-bought duck sauce? I read the label, the first ingredient was sugar, second was water, then there were some others after that. And, being that the taste is mediocre at best, of course I set out to make my own duck sauce.
Although we only get take-out once in a blue moon, I do steam frozen dumplings almost weekly. I serve them accompanied by edamame and now with my duck sauce recipe on the side.
What's nice about this homemade duck sauce is that if stored in an air-tight container in the fridge, it'll last for a couple months. I tell you, my homemade duck sauce recipe absolutely puts the store bought stuff to shame.
- 8 servings
- Prep time: 1 Minutes|Cook time: 5 Minutes|Total time: 6 Minutes
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Warm over medium low heat for five minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to two months.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go