This easy to make, delicious, overnight breakfast bowl will make your mornings easier. Plus, you’ll start your day with a delicious breakfast. By adding chia seeds to this recipe, you’ll start your day with a healthy breakfast full of protein, fiber and omega-3s. Make this chia bowl the day before and you’ll wake-up to a ready-to-eat breakfast bowl that you can easily finish off with your favorite fruit toppings.
Overnight Breakfast Bowl With Chia Seeds
We came up with this recipe while doing Whole30. About halfway through we became tired of eating eggs for breakfast every morning and we were craving some fresh fruit. This recipe is easy to make and by adding chia seeds, you’ll start your day with a healthy breakfast full of protein, fiber and omega-3s.
You can try variations of this recipe by substituting other frozen fruits for the frozen blueberries. I imagine that frozen raspberries, strawberries, or blackberries would also be delicious in this breakfast bowl.
- 3 bowls
- Prep time: 10 Minutes Cook time: 2 Hours Total time: 2 hr 10 min
Overnight Chia Breakfast Bowl
- 2 Bananas make sure they are ripe
- 1 cup Coconut Milk I prefer the unsweetened version
- 1 cup Frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds I use the ground Chia Seeds
- Shredded Coconut Flakes
- Fresh Blueberries
- Sliced Banana
- Sliced Strawberries
- In a blender, blend the bananas and coconut milk until smooth.
- Add frozen blueberries and blend until smooth.
- Mix in chia seed and blend until all mixed together.
- Pour into a mason jar and place in the fridge.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving (I like to make this in the evening so it can set overnight).
- When you're ready to serve, top with shredded coconut flakes and fresh fruit.