Spinach Artichoke and Feta Tart
If you are a fan of spanakopita and spinach artichoke dip, then you are going to love this tart. It is filled with spinach, artichoke, feta, Parmesan, and sour cream baked in a buttery, flaky crust. With pumpkin seeds for crunch and lemon juice for brightness, it makes a delicious dish for brunch, lunch, or dinner.
For simplicity and ease, use store bought pie crust (I do). If you prefer, use your own favorite homemade recipe. Either way, the result is going to be delicious! This tart also reheats nicely and is perfect for a make-ahead dish.
More information, additional images, and tips can be found at In Good Flavor.
- 6 Servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 55 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 15 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Place baking rack on lower half of oven. Place a baking sheet on rack to preheat.
- Press pie crust onto 8-inch tart pan. Trim edges allowing a half inch overhang. Fold or crimp edges as desired. Allow the crust to stick up above the tart pan as it will shrink slightly during baking.
- Line pie crust with a large piece of parchment paper. Fill with dried beans or uncooked rice.
- Place tart pan on the hot baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove parchment paper and beans. Continue to bake for 5-6 minutes. Remove tart pan and baking sheet from oven.
- Reduce heat to 375° F. Move the rack to the middle of the oven.
- To prepare filling: first par-cook onion and garlic. Preheat small skillet on medium heat. Add oil and onion and a pinch of salt. Sauté onion for 2 minutes. Add garlic. Sauté for 1 to 1.5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Brush a small amount of beaten egg onto bottom of tart shell.
- Add all filling ingredients, including the rest of the egg, into a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Season to taste. Add more lemon juice if you desire more tang.
- Spread filling into tart shell. Loosely place a piece of foil over tart to protect top of crusts from over browning. Place tart pan and the baking sheet back into the oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes on the middle rack.
- Allow to set for 10 minutes before serving.
- Makes 4 main or 6 appetizer servings.
- Note: The total time is less than the 1 hour 15 minutes estimate given above, because the bulk of the filling preparation can be done while the pie crust blind bakes.
- Recipe can easily be doubled by doubling all ingredients. Bake in two 8-inch tart pans.
- 4 ounces of artichoke is about one 6.5 ounce jar of artichoke, drained.
- Pine nuts can substitute for pumpkin seeds.
- The 6 ounces of frozen spinach can be substituted with just over 1 pound of chopped fresh spinach leaves. Wilt and squeeze spinach dry before mixing into filling ingredients. You want about 1 cup wilted, chopped spinach.
- Greek yogurt could be used in place of sour cream.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go