Easy Bread Machine French Bread
Bread recipe searches are reportedly up by something ridiculous like 1000% across the Internet these days. Quick loaves like banana bread now dominate the quarantine search charts, but even their yeast-filled counterparts have apparently risen (pun fully intended) up the ranks: bets are that you know somebody who can barely operate an Easy-Bake Oven trying their hand at making a sourdough starter, right?
I’ll be honest: baking bread terrifies me. Specifically, yeast haunts my dreams: the idea of harnessing the powers of millions of tiny eukaryotic microorganisms to perform magical feats of leavening and create a mighty edible loaf sounds suspiciously like the origin story of the undead Unbread. Kneading dough also intimidates me, mostly because “knead” is a homophone for “need” is a trigger for my massive personal insecurities about life…is a really terrible excuse for avoiding bread-making. Basically, I don’t like the idea of making bread from scratch, okay?
And that, my friends, is where this Easy Bread Machine French Bread comes in! Requiring just six ingredients and the push of a button, this French bread loaf features a golden crust that wraps its fluffy, soft white insides in a warm embrace. It’s the perfect bread for enjoying with jam, butter, or all by itself–best eaten straight from the oven! We are obsessed with this loaf and have used leftover bread for homemade croutons, among other things. And the best part is that you can throw everything into your bread machine and simply walk away for a few hours, and…voila!
May the carbs be ever in your favor.
- 2 -lb loaf
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 1 Hours|Total time: 1 Hours 5 Minutes
- Place water and oil in bread pan.
- Add flour, salt, and sugar. Form a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in yeast, taking care not to let it touch wet ingredients.
- Snap baking pan into bread maker and close lid.
- Select 2-lb loaf size and "French" setting on your bread machine. (If your machine does not have this setting, simply use the standard bread setting for a 2-lb loaf.)
- Let your bread machine work its magic, then voila--time to enjoy!
- Cooking times will vary based on your bread machine.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go