Easy Chewy Oatmeal M&M Cookies
Crispy around the edges and chewy in the middle, these Easy Chewy Oatmeal M&M Cookies are guaranteed to add some fun and YUM to your day! I first tried these cookies at a potluck and fell in love instantly--the crispy edges and perfectly chewy centers are to die for, while the chunks of chocolate woven in with M&Ms made this a sweet treat a visual delight. These cookies are perfect for dessert trays, potlucks, bake sales, and just about every occasion you can think of! Best served with a tall glass of cold milk and a huge smile.
The best part? These cookies take just a few minutes to whip together, so as long as you're patient enough to wait for the dough to chill in the refrigerator, you'll have fresh, warm cookies to enjoy before very long!
- 2 dozen
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 12 Minutes|Total time: 17 Minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla, and molasses.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gently fold into wet ingredients until just incorporated.
- Gently fold in oats, then add and fold in M&Ms. Cover bowl with cling wrap and chill in refrigerator for 45 minutes - 1 hour. (Sally's tip: If chilling for longer--up to two days--allow your dough to sit at room temperature for ~30 minutes before baking.)
- When you're ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheet and set aside.
- Roll dough into large balls (I used about 2 tablespoons each) and set two inches apart on baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until edges are golden brown and tops have just begun to "set." Remove from oven and allow cookies to continue cooling on baking sheet for an additional 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go