Fail Proof Simple Vanilla Protein Cake With Oat Streusel
A super easy and simple Vanilla Protein Cake topped with an Oat Streusel - the perfect high protein cake recipe for a birthday or just a dessert. Made with whole wheat flour and vanilla protein powder, this protein cake is healthy and sugar-free too!
This recipe is a prime example of a last minute recipe and not sticking to a plan. My actual plan was to make a gingerbread coffee cake, which then went to a regular coffee cake, and somehow ended up at this.
I got this box of protein bites mix delivered and thought of using that as the topping for the coffee cake, but turned out those recipes don’t call for oats in the streusel.So I just dropped that plan and went with the protein concept of the mix and made a protein cake instead. No planning needed either coz the recipe really was so easy!
- 8 slices
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line bottom of an an 8” round cake pan or 8×8” baking pan with parchment paper; Spray sides with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine whole wheat flour, half protein powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and half protein powder using an electric hand mixer or paddle attachment until combined.
- Add Greek yogurt, milk and egg and beat again.
- Add in dry mix in wet and fold using a large spoon or spatula. DO NOT OVER-MIX or the cake will be tough because of the protein powder and gluten from the whole wheat flour.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan.
- For optional streusel, combine melted butter and oatmeal mixture in a bowl and mix.
- Sprinkle on top of cake.
- Bake on center rack for 25-30 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean and center of cake is springy to touch.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Do not over mix the batter or it will be tough because of the protein powder and gluten from whole wheat flour.
- Nutritional information and products used are available on my website: www.haylskitchen.com/fail-proof-simple-vanilla-protein-cake-with-oat-streusel
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go