Grab your three main ingredients (lime, mayo & flakey salt), as well as any mix-ins. You'll also need a microplane/zester, knife & a bowl.
Three Ingredient Fake-Oli (Shortcut Aioli)
Secrets out - you don’t actually need to spend 30 minutes whisking egg yolks to make an aioli. We use this constantly - as a topping for Spanish tortilla, to toss on grilled corn with some cotija (my play on Mexican street corn), to drizzle on an omelet or frittata, or on top of some pan con tomate! It’s extremely versatile and comes together in about a minute. You can play around with your mix-ins - I like to add in some finely chopping cilantro, but a little paprika or grated fresh garlic would also be great. Try this out as a quick topping for your next tapas night, or just an every day little sauce and you’ll thank me later!
Add your main ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine until smooth.
Once completely blended you should have this drip consistency. If you want it a little thinner then add more lime juice & taste for salt (you can always add more!).
Add your optional mix-ins - I used cilantro here.
Enjoy your fake-oli! It'll keep for about a week in the fridge, and you can easily double or triple the recipe.
- 6 Tbs
- Prep time: 1 Minutes|Cook time: 4 Minutes|Total time: 5 Minutes
- Zest half of the lime, then add juice from half of the lime to a bowl with the mayo and 1/4 tsp flakey sea salt. Whisk to combine.
- Check the consistency, if you want it a little thinner then juice the second half of the lime. Adjust your salt if needed.
- Add in any optional mix-ins and enjoy!
- You can easily make this vegan by substituting out for vegan mayo!