There is nothing like a warm cup of hot chocolate on a cool night. It literally gives me life. Considering, by the time I get home I’m freezing. However I’m tired of those same old instant packets you get at the store. So I took the plunge into coming up with my own recipe, and came up with this hot chocolate recipe to fill my craving. I like hot chocolate with a creamy texture but not too thick. I also want to be able to really taste the chocolate in it. This recipe hits all of that, and honestly I will never buy packaged hot chocolate again. I hope you enjoy this hot chocolate recipe as much as I do!
- 2 Drinks
- Prep time: 5 Minutes Cook time: 5 Minutes Total time: 10 min
- 2 c Whole Milk 475 g
- 1 c Milk Chocolate Chips 162 g
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract 4g
- 1/4 c Sugar 57 g
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder 2 g
- Pinch Salt
- Bring your milk to a simmer in a pan.
- Remove your milk from the heat and add in your chocolate chips. Then set aside for 5 minutes.
- Slowly whisk the mixture until all of the melted chocolate is incorporated. You may have to put the pan back on the heat to melt and leftover chocolate pieces.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix the sugar, cocoa powder, and salt together. Add it to the hot chocolate, and whisk until all of the ingredients have dissolved.
- Serve hot.