Strawberry Champagne Cake With Elderflower Whipped Cream
Happy almost New Year!! Whether you are having a small get together or just staying home with your family, this cake pairs perfectly with a glass of bubbly to ring in the new year!
Moist champagne cake with fresh strawberries and elderflower whipped cream. We are using a champagne reduction in this cake so the cake ACTUALLY tastes like champagne. We are stuffing it with fresh strawberries and then frosting it in a light and creamy whipped cream with a hint of floral from the elderflower.
I first made this cake for our family friends engagement party that my husband and I threw for them. They loved it and the soon-to-be bride asked me to make it for their big engagement party they are holding next year! Since then, I have been perfecting my recipe so it will be absolutely incredible for them. It is pretty darn good if I do say so myself so I wanted to share it with you guys as well!
- 12 people
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 50 Minutes
For the Champagne Cake
Elderflower Whipped Cream
Champagne Simple Syrup
Make the Champagne Cake
- In a medium pot, heat the champagne until simmering. Continue to simmer until reduced to ¾ cup. Let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 9-inch cake pans with parchment paper. Grease and flour pans.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, eggs, egg whites, vanilla, sour cream, and milk. Mix in half of the flour mixture. Followed by the cooled champagne reduction and then the other half of the flour mixture. Mix until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Divide batter evenly in the cake pans. Bake for 35-40 minutes until toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Rest in pans for 10 minutes before taking cakes out of pans. Let cakes cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
Make the Elderflower Whipped Cream
- First, make the Elderflower simple syrup. In a small pot, combine the water, sugar and St Germain. Let simmer for 5-7 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the heavy cream to soft peaks. Add in the nonfat milk powder and the elderflower simple syrup to taste. Whip to stiff peaks.
Make the Champagne Simple Syrup
- In a small pot, combine champagne and sugar. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes. Let cool completely to room temperature.
Assemble the Cake
- Put a dollop of frosting on a cake stand. Place one layer on the stand. Brush all over with champagne simple syrup. Spread a layer of frosting on cake. Evenly top with chopped strawberries. Place second layer on top. Brush 2nd layer all over with champagne simple syrup. Frost the entire cake. Decorate with strawberries and fresh flowers if desired.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go