The perfect seared for the scallops.
New Year's Seared Scallops in Garlic Sauce
Let's celebrate the New Year!
Let's ring in the New Year with this delicious and amazing seared jumbo scallops in creamy garlic sauce.
By far one of my favorite recipes to celebrate any special occasion.
The key to the perfect seared scallops, is having them rest in the fridge for about 20 minutes. Once defrosted, I place them in a sheet pan lined with paper towels and onto the fridge. The idea is that this extra step will absorb the moisture to make sure they will not get soggy once seared in a hot pan and release more juices.
Then, bring the scallops off the fridge, seasoned with salt and pepper.
Then in a hot cast iron pan, drizzle a little of extra virgin olive oil, and seared each scallop for about 2-3 minutes each side. Add a couple of spoonfuls of minced garlic and heavy whipping cream, and cook for 2 minutes. You will have a delicious creamy garlicky seared scallops, that will go perfect with pasta or risotto.
I hope you try this recipe, it is delicious and so easy to make.
Happy New Year!
Creamy and garlic sauce is the key to this festive jumbo seared scallops.
Perfect over pasta or my favorite risotto and peas. Enjoy!
- 6 servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 10 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- Prep the scallops: in a cookie sheet lined with paper towels, place the scallops in the fridge for about 20 minutes
- Then pad dry and seasoned with salt and pepper
- In a hot cast iron pan, drizzle a TBSP of extra virgin olive oil, once warm, seared each scallop for about 3 minutes each side.
- Then, add the minced garlic and heavy cream and heat up for 2 minutes and is ready to serve over warm pasta or risotto. Enjoy!