Like I mentioned before, this recipe only uses 5 inexpensive ingredients which makes this the perfect comfort food recipe when you’re on a budget. Even better? The kielbasa seasons the soup for you. No need to measure out additional spices. No under- or over-salting. Just yummy perfection every time.
Simple Kielbasa Vegetable Soup: Only 5 Ingredients
In the winter, I crave soup all day, every day. New England winters are chilly and there’s nothing better than coming inside to a homemade soup.
But I also need to get it on the table fast. And on a typical weeknight? I don’t really feel like chopping a billion ingredients.
To get the best of both worlds (homemade taste with convenient ingredients), I developed this failproof kielbasa vegetable soup recipe. It uses only 5 ingredients, requires no seasoning, and only takes 5 minutes in the Instant Pot.
Don’t have an Instant Pot? No worries, you can make this comforting soup on the stovetop as well.
Be sure to add the ingredients in the order listed in the recipe if you’re using the Instant Pot, otherwise, it may not come to pressure.
I’ve included instructions for cooking on the stovetop and in the crockpot as well, but I’ve found that the Instant Pot yields the best results!
- 6 servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 5 Minutes|Total time: 10 Minutes
- Chop kielbasa into bite-sized pieces and drop into your Instant Pot.
- Add entire bag of veggies to the pot.
- Add can of tomatoes to the pot.
- Add egg noodles to the pot.
- Pour 1 carton of the chicken broth into the pot. Press noodles down gently to submerge into the broth.
- Pour enough of the second carton of broth into the pot to just cover the noodles.
- Set Instant Pot to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle is complete, carefully release the pressure
- This recipe can easily be adapted for the stovetop or crockpot.
- For stovetop: dump everything into the pot and simmer for 15 minutes or until egg noodles are tender.
- For crockpot: dump everything into the pot and cook on low for 1 - 2 hours or until egg noodles are tender.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go