Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
These might be the easiest and most indulgent tasting pancakes you have ever made! They are whipped up using the Birch Benders Paleo Mix which makes these pancakes gluten free yet they are still so fluffy! And I know during these busy holiday times we are all looking for quick recipes that require minimum ingredients and can please everyone! This is definitely one of those recipes.
When you take the delicious pancakes mix and add in baked lemon ricotta, lemon extract, and chia seeds, you get an amazing pancake that can only be made better by topping it with delicious blueberries!! And if you're feeling fancy add some whipped cream too
I was really amazed by how delicious these came out and I cant wait to experiment with more flavor combinations.
Also I'm pretty sure this lemon ricotta is a limited time item from Trader Joes so stock up if you live near one!
Check out more recipes and breakfast ideas on my blog www.sweetescapekitchen.com
This is the specific mix I used. If you can't find it I think this recipe would still work if you follow the dry/wet ingredient ratio of your mix for the amount that will make around 6 pancakes. However, I have not tried other mixes.
I like to make two medium size pancakes at a time on a non-stick pan.
Pancakes will be nice and fluffly!
Top with your blueberry sauce or fruit of choice, and sweetener. I make my blueberry sauce by simple microwaving frozen blueberries for 1 -2 minutes. If making a larger batch you can also make them in a pot on the stovetop.
- 6 pancakes
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 5 Minutes|Total time: 10 Minutes
- Mix the pancake mix, lemon ricotta, lemon extract, water and chia seeds together in a bowl until well combined. Let the batter sit for a couple of minutes and it will thicken up.
- As the batter thickens, heat a pan on low-medium heat. If not nonstick spray with nonstick spray or coconut oil or butter.
- Dollop the batter onto the pan. I like to use a cookie scooper to ensure my pancakes are all about the same side. You may need to spread out the batter with the scoop since it is a bit thick. Let cook for about a minute or two on each side or until you see bubbles forming on the pancakes and then flip. Repeat with your batter
- While the pancakes cook, microwave your blueberries. No need to add any water since they will produce their own liquid as the defrost and burst in the microwave.
- Serve your sauce over the pancakes and enjoy!
- You can double the recipe if you'd like. I like to keep my pancakes warm while the rest cook by keeping them in the oven at 250F.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go